LYNX-DEV user's problem w site update

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV user's problem w site update
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:25:32 -0400 (EDT)

970522 Wayne Sacchi wrote:
> I am not sure if my previous message got through, so I am writing another.

no, it apparently didn't reach lynx-dev.

> In the last two days, Korrnet.org did something to the Lynx software
> and it is behaving differently.  First of all, there is no highlite on the
> bottom of the screen telling you when something is done -- it is now only
> in text.

it's not clear what the highlight is you refer to.
anyway, you should ask your ISP what they've done.

> I went to the US News & World Report web site to read some of
> the previous issues in the archives -- I was not able to link to the
> individual articles.  I just get a list of the articles, but I cannot move
> my cursor to highlite them.  This just started two days ago -- when the
> screen changed.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with
> the site?

have a look at your keybindings: enter  k .
you may simply need to use some other keys.
you could also give the USNWR URL.

do you know what operating system your ISP is using: UNIX etc?
what version of Lynx do you have: enter  o  for the Options screen:
  the latest is 2-7-1.

;