Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:21:53 -0400

From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>

>> They all appear, new, in Solaris 2.5.1 terminfo doc, so I don't think they
>> are 'obsolete'.  They didn't exist in earlier versions of Solaris .
>no, they've been in the terminfo documentation for some time (I investigated
>this in the fall of 1995, which I'm sure preceded the release of 2.5.1).

Okay, here's the story.  My info is coming from the terminfo(4) pages
on the machines I am currently logged into.  I first checked the
Solaris 2.4 terminfo(4) and there is no mouse support entries there.  I
then check the Solaris 2.5.1 terminfo(4) and it is there.  There
there may have been some release between these two where the info
arrived.  Solaris 2.4 is from 1994.  So _our_ previous version is 3 years old.
So, it may very well been that these entries appeared in some version between
2.4 and 2.5.1  - I can't tell right now.  Sorry for the overstatement.

> If anyone has anything definite about the _behavior_, sure, I'll look into
> it - but there were only 1-2 entries in the terminfo that used these things,
> and I couldn't get my test programs to do anything reasonable.  Just having

I don't know where one would get more info, sorry.

> a name for getm (which is a string capability, btw, not a boolean - that
> was corrected in X/Open's draft a year ago) doesn't tell me how it would
> be used.

getm may be in your experimentation a string capability.  In the Solaris
2.5 man page, it is listed under Boolean, right between generic line type
and the hard copy booleans.
;