Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 05:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

ncurses is basically doing an xterm-specific kludge, using key_mouse
only (the other capabilities are ignored - they don't fit into xterm's
model).

> (all from the 1994 Solaris man page, still shipping with Solaris, with
> getm listed as boolean), then how does one even describe xterm's mouse
> capabilities with them?  I also have no information regarding where
> these occur in the terminfo data files so I cannot `untic' my xterm
> file.
I simply downloaded the whole Solaris terminfo database (200k compressed
tar file), ran infocmp on each file, and looked at the result (from memory,
there's only 1-2 entries that reference the mouse).  I also put together
some test code to try to use the SVr4 curses functions that invoke the mouse,
to see what they'd do, but got nowhere.  (I was trying to get data to make
ncurses' implementation compatible with SVr4, of course).

> I suppose that kmous would return the escape sequence `ESC [ M' and
> the rest of the information returned by xterm is encoded in the minfo
> capability.  If you send the reqmp string to the terminal to turn on
> mouse reporting, then how do you turn it off?  If I recall correctly,
> xterm has two levels of mouse reporting but I do not think the above
three, but they're unrelated to these capabilities
.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden