LYNX-DEV Confused about the development version

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV Confused about the development version
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 21:09:47 -0400

I am confused.

For the three or more patches available at
http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch-o-matic.cgi
I've been either unable to get the code to compile or at least run.

What I've not been able to figure out is whether the problem is that
the Sun compiler and OS is just unique, or if perhaps the above URL
isn't the one that we should use to get the latest code.

Anyways, I fetched 0.28 of the development version.  I did a make clean
and then reran the configure and then a make generic.  This is Solaris 2.4
on a SPARC with Sun's compiler.  Here's the error I get.

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include
-I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include/ncurses -I..
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation  -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT  -DEXP_CHARTRANS -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include
-I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include/ncurses -I..
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation  -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT  -DEXP_CHARTRANS -g -c ./LYCurses.c
"./LYCurses.c", line 232: identifier redeclared: curses_w_style
        current : function(pointer to struct _win_st {short _cury, short _curx,
short _maxy, short _maxx, short _begy, short _begx, short _fla...
        previous: function(pointer to struct _win_st {short _cury, short _curx,
short _maxy, short _maxx, short _begy, short _begx, short _fla... :
"./LYCurses.h", line 126
cc: acomp failed for ./LYCurses.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `LYCurses.o'
Current working directory /projects/npd/npdweb/src/Unix/lynx/test/lynx2-7-1/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `generic'
;