Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic

From: Glenn E. Thobe
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:26:11 -0700 (PDT)

>For a response from the postmaster in Norway.

>If I read this response right, we need to be very careful about
>inundating the addresses that are visible in a spam with
>complaints, as they may be forged.

They nearly always are.

>The tea leaves needed to
>detect a forgery are not sent forward as the message clears
>Majordomo at sig.net.

That would be the Received fields which were in the header when
Majordomo looked at it.  It's too bad those are stripped.  Maybe
it's a compiler option, or maybe it's something the Majordomo
developers should be informed about.  They probably hate spam as
much as we do.

-Glenn Thobe <address@hidden>

;
;