Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic

From: John
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV how to sink RMS Titanic
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:58:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> >this list.  I for one would object to some ombubsperson in
> >the sky deciding what I could or could not read.  My

> And I would appreciate having that ombubsperson.

Maybe I did not make my original point clearly.  I object to
someone deciding what I can READ, but I have absolutely NO
OBJECTION to someone filtering or deciding what I (or anyone
else) can SEND ... the ongoing abuse here is clearly at the
sending end.

In this case (a mail list as opposed to a newsgroup) I have
no objection to the list owner maintainer whatever you call
it filtering out junk mail.  There was a recent discussion
about something along the line of list subscribers' messages
get automagically sent while non subscribers have to be
approved.  So I guess my question is, how do these junk mail
messages from non subscibers get approved to be sent to the
list?  I hope that's clear.  On the other hand mayhaps I
just don't understand how it works.  There are one or two
other things I don't understand about life, but I forgot
what they are ;-) ... BYE

John

AND NOW A WORD FROM MY SPONSOR:

> Classified Ads
> (Actual excerpts from classified sections of city newspapers)

>  Stock up and save.  Limit: one.

;
;