LYNX-DEV gzip for PC

From: Paulo JS Rodrigues
Subject: LYNX-DEV gzip for PC
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:16:28 +0200

Foteos Macrides, 19:17 27/5/1997 -0500:

> using gunzip in Unix compress mode), but I don't know
> anything concrete about the DOS/WIN/NT ports of gzip. :)

They work pretty well. I've got a gzip 16-bit (DOS) and a gzip 32-bit
(win32-console) and the latter as the advantage of working with long
filenames.

They can be found at:
Well, I can't find the bookmark. But any search in altavista or yahoo will
take you there.

The Cygnus site probably has it:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/

But for win the best choice is to use winzip and let it do the work. It's
easier for novices. It supports .gz, .tar, .tgz, .zip, ...

regards,
paulo.

|)     | (  |)          - address@hidden
|aulo (|. ).|\odrigues  - http://www.terravista.pt/FerNoronha/1045/