LYNX-DEV SOCKETSHR update 2

From: Andy Harper
Subject: LYNX-DEV SOCKETSHR update 2
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 18:14:36 BST

Following yestrdays'a announcmeent of some SOCKETSHR bug fixes (primarily to
make FTP in LYNX for VMS work), some other bugs were noted to me which have
been fixed in a second update.

Briefly, the changes from -1 to -2 are:
   * Fixed up the TYPES.H file so that it works with VAX C
   * Fixed up the build procedure so that selection of the system architecture
     works on older version of VMS that dont have the f$getsyi("ARCH_NAME")
     function.
   * Selection of VAX C or DEC C is automatic based on the presence of the
     compiler on the system. This update also looks at the definition of the
     DECC$CC_DEFAULT logical name used to select the compiler when both are
     installed.

  [ If your previous .EXE from -1 compiled and linked OK, you do NOT need this
    update as there are no functional source code changes].

These are available from my servers to anyone who may want them.

   http://alder.cc.kcl.ac.uk/fileserv/zip/socketshr_src_09d-2.zip
   ftp://ftp2.kcl.ac.uk/zip/socketshr_src_09d-2.zip
   mailto:address@hidden

If using MAIL, simply put the command SEND SOCKETSHR.PACKAGE as the only line
in the body of the message. It will be returned in 11 VMS_SHARE'd parts.
Executables are not included, you will need VAXC or DEC C

Please note, that these enhancements are entirely unofficial. The original
author, Eckhart Meyer, appears to be no longer supporting the product but the
original code is still his. I've added these mods purely to make things work on
my own systems.

Regards,

Andy Harper
Kings College London