LYNX-DEV Secure sockets question...

From: Allan Foster
Subject: LYNX-DEV Secure sockets question...
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:21:13 -0500 (CDT)

I guess my problem lies with my vague (at best) understanding of SSL but
our situation is this. We have a NT server where students can access thier
student records, such as grades, class schedule etc. They do this with an
account number and personal PIN which is what they want encrypted.

On our DEC Alpha 2100 server I have SOCKETSHR/NETLIB installed and LYNX2-7-1
installed and built with the Socketshr/Netlib option.  Now I need the recipe
for making this combination talk to the NT server and make the secure
connection and pass certificates or open sockets or whatever magic it does.

Or I need to know if I have all the ingredients to do this??

Anyone out there done this with LYNX and a similar setup who could offer
some tips??

Thanks in advance