Re: LYNX-DEV Aren't my postings getting through?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Aren't my postings getting through?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:30:21 -0400 (EDT)

970606 Michael Sokolov wrote:
>    Maybe my postings aren't getting through? Would you please comment on
> the following two points:

lynx-dev is an international co-operative of rather busy people.
answers (incl this one) are volunteered by those who think
  they have something useful to say (rightly/not).
it's ok to repeat a request after some interval,
  but demands always fall on very deaf ears (smile).

>    1. Is it possible to define multiple MIME names for a character set?
> Anyone who has ever looked at the official IANA list of MIME names can see
> that this is sorely needed.
>    2. Is it possible to make the addition of two extra tags on text/html
> downloads a user-selectable option?

both of these questions have been discussed in the last few days:
look in the archive for details.
these are areas on which i have no special knowledge,
  so i can't comment otherwise.

;