Re: LYNX-DEV Posting by those not subscribed (and spam)

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Posting by those not subscribed (and spam)
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 13:42:32 -0400 (EDT)

  From: Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>

  I recently noticed that lynx-dev is not accepting posts from
  non-subscribers when two messages that I posted didn't get through to
  the Flora archives. Going back through the archives, I found the
  messages about spam on the list and the proposal to limit posting
  to subscribers, but I couldn't find the resolution.  Specifically, now
  that only subscribers can post, who is checking posts from
  non-subscribers; or are they being automatically deleted?  What about
  the address@hidden postings?  Are they getting through to anyone?

Bob Izenberg is out of the office until Tuesday.  When he gets
back we should take this up with him.  It seemed to me that there
was enough of a preponderance of comment against closing the list
that we should try spam filtering instead.  And Bob said he would
look at that when he gets back.  I had not realized that Bob had
actually closed it down when he asked.  He has not had the
opportunity to review the discussion himself, yet.

If nobody objects, I will probably be using address@hidden for
some of this discussion.  Doug, do you want a cc: on messages that
go to that distribution?

--
Al Gilman

;