LYNX-DEV Transfer speed patch, .lha bug?? (2.7.1), slang & background

From: Anthony Tong
Subject: LYNX-DEV Transfer speed patch, .lha bug?? (2.7.1), slang & background
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:19:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running lynx 2.7.1 with 6/9 Fote's patches under i586 linux.

1. Amiga files (.lha) doesn't seem to be properly recognized by lynx (lynx
does not prompt you to download when you follow a .lha href). I've checked
HTInit.c, and it seems to be in order; and I'm not over riding anything in
my lynx.cfg. Ditto with .hqx (BinHex).. possibly & likely more incorrectly
recognized file formats

2. backgrounding & downloads. I read that some people were interested in
backgroun downloads but this wasn't possible because lynx updates the
screen with its file transfer progress. I wrote a quickie patch based on
the perl code found on a lynx dev page but erased it because I didn't need
it--if you're USING slang, slang's smart enough not to write to the screen
when the program is in the background; hence you get background downloads.

3. patch (HTFormat.c). Shows transfer/download speed; I went with
something quick and simple because the slightly more complex methods
weren't that much more accurate.. besides, isn't it fun to see numbers fly
on your screen? :-)

BTW, this is the place to post patches, right?

Secondly, which developer version to use or base patches on? Fotes or
lynx-ac-*? Or plain 2.71?

Thanks..

Anthony Tong  <antoine at eci.com>
 http://www.eci.com/tong/antoine.asc for PGP Key
13a14
> #include <time.h>
478,479c479,481
<     int bytes = 0;
<     int rv = 0;
---
>     char rate[25];
>     int bytes = 0, bytes_sec = -1, rv = 0;
>     time_t start_time = 0, now_time, dif_time;
561d562
<
562a564,573

>       time( &now_time );
>       if ( start_time == 0 )
>           start_time = now_time;
>       else {
>           dif_time = now_time - start_time;
>           if ( dif_time > 0 )
>               bytes_sec = bytes / dif_time;
>       }

564c575
<           sprintf(line, "Read %d of %d bytes of data.",
---
>           sprintf(line, "Read %d of %d bytes of data,",
567c578,584
<           sprintf(line, "Read %d bytes of data.", bytes);
---