Re: LYNX-DEV Transfer speed patch, .lha bug?? (2.7.1), slang & backgroun

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Transfer speed patch, .lha bug?? (2.7.1), slang & background
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:43:42 -0500 (EST)

Anthony Tong <address@hidden> wrote:
>1. Amiga files (.lha) doesn't seem to be properly recognized by lynx (lynx
>does not prompt you to download when you follow a .lha href). I've checked
>HTInit.c, and it seems to be in order; and I'm not over riding anything in
>my lynx.cfg. Ditto with .hqx (BinHex).. possibly & likely more incorrectly
>recognized file formats

        HTInit.c overrides lynx.cfg for SUFFIX and VIEWER definitions,
and then mime.types and .maillcap override HTInit.c.  The suffixes are
used only for ftp and file URLs.  The Content-Type header from http
servers is used, and perhaps some server is sending a bogus (e.g.,
text/plain) header for those files.

>BTW, this is the place to post patches, right?

        Yes.  Use context diffs, and don't bother encoding them.

>Secondly, which developer version to use or base patches on? Fotes or
>lynx-ac-*? Or plain 2.71?

        Fote is not an active developer any more.  He just fools around
now, and makes his personal mods available in compliance with the
GNU GPL.  If you use context diffs, and a v2.7.1 code set (vanilla,
development, or fotemods), there shouldn't be a problem.

                                Fote