LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx 2.7[.1] on OpenBSD mac68k

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx 2.7[.1] on OpenBSD mac68k
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:20:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Rory McGuire wrote:

:I am having the worst time trying to get lynx to compile on my BSD box.
:I keep running into errors like:
:/usr/libexec/ld.so: cc: libc.so.16.1: No such file or directory
:gmake[1]: *** [../../Library/freebsd/HTParse.o] Error 1
:gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/lynx2-7/WWW/Library/freebsd'

It sounds like ld may be expecting another version of libc than is
available on your systemm but that's just an uneducated guess.  I'm CC'ing
this to the lynx-dev list in the hope that someone there knows more than I
do, or has a binary to share with you.

:make dies, so I use gmake, which then dies.
:
:Do you have any idea what is happening?
:I re-untarred the comp.tar file that is supposed to be most of the
:development stuff from openBSD, but I still can't get the damn thing to
:compile.
:
:Please help,
:
:+------------------+-----------------------------------+
:| Rory McGuire     | Network Administrator             |
:+------------------+-----------------------------------+
:| MacSource, Inc.  | Apple Authorized Sales & Service  |
:| 8363 N. Rockwell | http://www.macsourceokc.com       |
:| OKC, OK  73132   | 405.721.4181   fax 405.721.4262   |
:

address@hidden + Lynx 2.7.1 + NeXT/PGP mail + www.crl.com/~subir/
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.
                -- Mark Twain

;
;