Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:03:24 -0500 (EST)

Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>>      An update of fotemods.zip is available in:
>>
>>      http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/
>>
>> 1997-06-17
>> * Came up with a low overhead way to restore the emphasis for WHEREIS
>>   search targets when links are made current or non-current and the
>>   target string starts before and/or extends past the end of the link
>>   name (hightext or hightext2) string (see 1997-06-14 mods), so the
>>   restoration works in that case as well, now. - FM
>
>Lynx has a strange behaviour when the search string is the first or the last
>word of a link. Go to
>
>http://www.cam.org/~ismael/links.html
>
>Search for "audio" and see what happens with the first and last character of
>"audio" when it's the first or the last word, respectively, of a link.

        The first and last characters of the link name always have the
attributes of a current link when you make the link current, intentionally,
as explained in the FOTEMODS file:

1997-06-12
* Tweaks of the 1997-06-04 mods for restoring emphasis of WHEREIS search
  targets in link names when they are changed to the current link or again
  made non-current.  When the link is made current, the first and last
  characters of the link name never are emphasized, so they'll retain the
  attributes/color for the current link, and the user can see (if sighted)
  that the link was made current.  [...]

>Another "restore the emphasis" problem can be seen at
>
>http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0697/
>
>As you move cursor to another link the emphasis of the previous link is
>lost.

        I can't reproduce that on Scott's solaris or on VMS.  Perhaps you
need to spell out more completely what you are doing to create the problem.

                                Fote