Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:00:58 -0500 (EST)

H E Nelson <address@hidden> wrote:
>>   display character set is "Japanese (EUC)" or "Japanese (SJIS)".  The mods
>>   need testing by Japanese users, because the TO_JIS() function I added
>>   long ago in SGML.c has not actually been used before. - FM
>
>This is an important feature which people now have a model to use for
>other languages.  Goes without saying, but for the record, THANK YOU.
>I'll see if I can download fotemods.zip, and if bandwidth permits on
>that account will compile and test.

        If you have a space problem, you can download just LYNews.c
in:
        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/lynx2-7-1/src/

and swap that into your development code set.

>                                     I'll also call for testing your
>mods by other users by posting an excerpt from FOTEMODS to news:
>fj.net.infosystems.www.browsers with a brief translation (If you should
>object, please inform me.).

        That's fine.   A relevant question is whether it's the
convention in China and Korea to use ISO-2022-CN and ISO-2022-KR
when posting to Usenet news groups, or if they just use Big5,
EUC-CN and EUC-KR.

                                Fote