Re: LYNX-DEV Stange popups in ac-0.28

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Stange popups in ac-0.28
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 10:48:35 -0500 (EST)

Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Roger Hill wrote:
>
>> I just built ac-0.28 on Linux 2.0.29.  This is with slang-0.99-38, color.
>> The build was clean, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Everything seems ok except with select popups.  If the option for popups
>> is OFF, then the select boxes appear as before, and work just fine.
>> If POPUPS is ON, however, I am getting strange results.
>[snip of actual details]
>
>No one seems to have responded to this...except for my note that the
>fotemods code did NOT have this problem. Has anyone seen/fixed this
>problem?

        The fotemods code does what was intended by the May 24 development
code mods, but only for VMS curses and slang (couldn't figure out how to
make it really work for Unix curses).  I just posted a quickie patch for
backing out the May 24 development code change which broke it (but not
all the stuff in the fotemods code for making the intended change actually
work with VMS curses and slang).  There's a thread of a least 6 messages
about this in the lynx-dev archive, starting in late May, if you want to
review that discussion.

                                Fote