LYNX-DEV Display of French characters

From: Mike Brown
Subject: LYNX-DEV Display of French characters
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

  I received this email and am forwarding it to the list because
  I do not know the answer to his problem.  Please be sure to Cc:
  address@hidden on any public replies.

  --Mike

>Date:  Sat, 21 Jun 1997 21:18:06 -0300
>From: "Jay W. Meeuwig" <address@hidden>
>To: Mike Brown <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>Subject: Francais...

I'd like to ask your help in the following:
At our Community Net we are implementing a "French" version, in addition
to the 'standard' "English" one , which is now up and running.

One of the problems that we are experiencing, is that the "Francais" text
cannot be correctly seen by all users [ it depends on how the "arrive" at
our Net.site... ]

The following situation presents a problem
User-site:
486, running WIN95 with Hyperterminal (as released by MS)
sELECTED FONT "lUCIDA cONSOLE"

Login to LYNX 2.7 with VT100 terminal selection/definition...

What O)ption should be selected or what other things need to be done to
ensure that the various accents will actually show?

Attached is an example that *I* found works from the point of view that
all letter show ( a few accents NEXT to letters... ) But it's far from
complete. ISOLatin 1 turns out words like "Franais" (deletes the c_cedile)

Your help -= if at all possibel =- will be greatly appreciated by a large
group of Francophone InterNet users.

Thanx in advance,

Sincerely, Jay;

J. W. Meeuwig