Re: LYNX-DEV graphics?

From: Jim Dennis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV graphics?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 18:26:48 -0700

> On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Hynek Med wrote:
>
>> You can view the images if you have a viewer defined in your lynx.cfg or
>> .mailcap (use zgv if you are on a Linux console or xli or xv if you are in
>> X-Windows), if you want to view all inline images, try the '*' key and
>> then select the images.
>
> Would you have a list of viewers that could be used? The system we're on
> uses SunOS 4.1.3-U1.

        Are you using X (OpenWindows) on that system?

        It sounds like you'd really prefer something like Xemacs
        W3 mode, Arena, Chimera, Grail (requires the Python/Tk
        language and class libraries) XMosaic or something like that.

        You could use Lynx from within an xterm and configure
        xli or xv in your configuration.  This will typically open
        up other windows with each image that you request.  All of
        the others that I've listed will "inline" the images (that
        is -- show them in the same window as the text -- with the
        text "wrapped" around them (to varying degrees).

--
Jim Dennis,                                address@hidden
Proprietor,                          address@hidden

        PGP  1024/2ABF03B1 Jim Dennis <address@hidden>
        Key fingerprint =  2524E3FEF0922A84  A27BDEDB38EBB95A
;