LYNX-DEV reverse video

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV reverse video
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:46:22 -0400 (EDT)

I've seen mail on lynx-dev and elsewhere
about lynx displaying all links in reverse video.
Since I always use -color I haven't noticed this, but
today I tried the following:

vanilla lynx (+fotemods 6/26/97) (not compiled with slang or fancy curses)
indeed does display all links in reverse video so you can't identify
the current link unless SHOW_CURSOR is TRUE.

lynx...ac-0.23 built with slang but not using -color highlights the current link
with black on red background (using vt20).  (This is odd as my lynx.cfg
doesn't define any of the attribute combinations as black on red.)
Other links are normal (not bold) and so appear like other text.

lynx+fotemods6/26/97 puts the current link in reverse and
leaves the other links as normal text.

lynx with slang -color works fine.

Is this a bug or a feature?
--le

PS: Speaking of highlighting, I noticed fote incorporated both my
    form numbering and highlighting patches.
    I appreciate this as it saves me time upgrading.
    I also like the 123[gp] feature added to popup menus.
    I hope the devel code picks them up also.
    Meanwhile I'll leave the diffs in http://www.intac.com/~leaves/

;
;