LYNX-DEV Proxy authentication support

From: Bernie Wacher
Subject: LYNX-DEV Proxy authentication support
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 15:28:58 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

I have succesfully been able to configure Lynx to connect to a proxy
server. I am currently having problems connecting to a proxy server which
needs user authention before proceeding.  I get the following message:
"Alert!: Proxy Authentication Required.  Sorry, not yet supported", and
I am not allowed to proceed.

I don't understand why I get this message, when I thought that HTTP
supported proxy authentication.  Please advise.

Thanks beforehand,
bernie.

|~~~~|    |\^/|    |~~~~|   Bernard Wacher
|    | _|\|   |/|_ |    |   Simon Fraser University -- Library Systems
|    | >         < |    |   Burnaby, B.C.  Canada
|____|  >_./|\._<  |____|   http://mathserv.math.sfu.ca/bernie

;
;