LYNX-DEV Lynx vulnerabilities

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx vulnerabilities
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:59:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

A couple of people have writtent o me asking about the sudden
disappearance of the G'oto functionality from public lynxes, or the
rumours floating around that there may be a security problem with Lynx.  I
wrote up something at:

        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/security.html

to see if some things can be cleared up.  Since I don't understand exactly
what's happening myself, I'd like it if others looked at the page,
commented on it, and hopefully sent me the appropriate edits.  Once we're
done with this, I'd like to link to this page form the top level "Lynx
links" page.  I'd also like ot work on a message to send to all the people
running public lynxes (there are many who maynot be on this list) so they
can be advised of the problem and can take the appropriate actions.

address@hidden + Lynx 2.7.1 + NeXT/PGP mail + www.crl.com/~subir/
"The Government's assertion is incorrect...
 The Government's reasoning is also flawed."
          -- Supreme Court justice John Paul Stevens' opinion of the CDA

;
;