Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx vulnerabilities

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx vulnerabilities
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:05:07 -0500

 ]   I wrote up something at:
 ]
 ]      http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/security.html
 ]
 ] to see if some things can be cleared up.  Since I don't understand exactly
 ] what's happening myself, I'd like it if others looked at the page,
 ] commented on it, and hopefully sent me the appropriate edits.

    I made some edits (please clean up my formatting attempts), see
my version at http://www.io.com/~sergent/ .

IMHO:

    This should get converted into a CERT Vendor Bulletin in the format that
Fote forwarded from the CERT guy.  Sorry, I've got to do dishes and
laundry, no time for Lynx tonight.  :-)

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0697/msg00290.html
at the end of the message.

    Public lynx admins should get copies of it way before the CERT
VB goes out.

--jss.
;
;