Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, text/html and non-standard suffixes

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, text/html and non-standard suffixes
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:33:34 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what Ian McDonald said:

> The server seems to be returning the right MIME-type;

At least it tried.

> HEAD /index.ht1 HTTP/1.0
>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 08:34:26 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.1.1

Possibly Lynx 2.6 is engaging in less-than-gracefull degradation
on receipt of an incorrect header.  I believe per RFC 822 the
semicolon doesn't belong there unless a name=value parameter
definition is to follow.  There is no parameter in this case.
The null parameter-spec could be breaking the recognition of the
whole header field.

I never found a full URL to your page to try it with 2.7.

--
Al Gilman
;