Re: LYNX-DEV Cookies

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Cookies
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 13:50:29 -0400

> More Netscape fun: the release notes for 4.01b6 for Unix platforms
> includes the following entries:
>
>      * Visiting certain pages with frames might cause your system to halt.
>      * The ALT attribute for an image does not work correctly.
>      * The HTML tag, &lt is not converted to a < (less than) symbol.
>
> Ooh, I guess they're leaving the hard problems for last...

Hmm - visiting certain pages might cause the _system_ to halt?  Wow -
that's nasty.  I already see, using all the Netscape versions to date, the
case that visiting just about any page with the least bit of pathological
HTML causes netscape to crash.  That's very annoying (particularly bad
since the history is lost, etc. and it's hard to figure out where you
were or even what page caused the problem), but if my unix goes down,
then that's going to cause me to stop using Netscape right away.

Where did you find 4.01b6 for Unix?  The newest I found was 4.0b5...
;