LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 20:27:05 -0500 (EST)

Wes Price <address@hidden> wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:
>Thanks for the SSL patches.  Is there some centralized place I should have
>gone to find out that SSLeay 0.8 wouldn't work?

        I try to handle all of my own discussions about Lynx in the
address@hidden list, and you should use that rather than email to
me, except for the initial request for the SSL patches.  I'm CCing
this reply there.  The lynx-dev discussions are archived and accessible
via http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/

        The SSL patch update I send out yesterday will work with the
v0.8.0 library if you fix it up.  A dangling #endif should be removed
in crypto.c, the build procedure for it should be checked to be sure
it incorporates all of the new crypto.c sublists (you'll get unresolved
global errors on linking Lynx otherwise, 'cuz those won't have been
compiled and incorporated into the library), and delete #include pxy_ssl.c
from ssl.c.  On VMS with MULTINET, bss_sock.c needs tweaking to use it's
socket library functions (define read, write, and close to socket_read,
socket_write, and socket_close).  On VMS with DECC, read_pwd.c needs to
include <starlet.h>.  Alternatively, wait for v0.8.1 and use a v0.6.n
library.  Yesterday's SSL patch update will use the correct code for a
pre-v0.8.0 library automatically.

                                Fote