LYNX-DEV Mr. Lawson on Lynx online services (reply

From: Thomas Jones
Subject: LYNX-DEV Mr. Lawson on Lynx online services (reply
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 23:07:38 -0400 (EDT)

From Doug Lawson:

'G'oto was removed from lynx at Sailor at my suggestion.  I no longer
work at Sailro, and recompliing lynx was the last thing I did there.

There is no "electronic block" on (G)oto access for lynx users at Sailor
- lynx was recompiled with (G)oto disabled.  If "Dr. Jones" was following
this list he would know all about this issue.

From Tom Jones:

     Disabling the Lynx <g URL> creates an electronic block in the online
system's Internet service which substantially cripples the online system as
a whole. Oddly, some administrators do not seem to realize this; the users
realize it all too well.

From Doug Lawson:

Dr. Jones, it amazes me that someone who claims to have a Ph.D. in computer
science can be so completely inarticulate in the field.  Please stop
whining about the measures Sailor has taken for its own security and pay
for an account with an ISP, where you will have all the access you could
possibly desire.

From Tom Jones:

     I suppose it is theoretically possible that a saboteur could do more
damage to Sailor than the electronic block has already done, and continues to
do.

     "claims to have!" Aw, you hurt my feelings! Seriously, if this bothers
you, please give me your U.S.P.S. address, and I will have a copy of my
graduate transcript sent to you.

Tom Jones
Thomas L. Jones, Ph.D. (Computer Science)

;
;