LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news

From: Jonathan Kapleau
Subject: LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 06:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!  I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but as I am new to the list
please be gentle.

I am getting the following error message whenever I try to post to Usenet
via lynx:

        A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.7.1

        Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
        if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
        have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
        the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
        TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

        Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

        Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

        IOT trap/Abort (core dumped)

This is how it always happens: I select the "Post to News" option at the
end of the article list.  It asks me for my "Name:" which it accepts and
then asks for a "Subject:" at which point it spits out the above message
and does a core dump.

Is this a bug?  Or have I just not configured lynx properly.  I am using a
linux shell account.  All environment variables seem to be correct and my
host runs earlier versions (2.5) which will allow me to post.

Thanks for any info.

Jonathan Kapleau
address@hidden

;