Re: LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 09:30:49 -0400

Thanks for the follow up info.

The good news it that this bug doesn't show up in my configuration so here
are somethings to try to fix the problem.

1. Fetch lynx 2.7.1 source if you don't already have it - I believe
you indicated you did have it.
2. Fetch the fotemods.zip file that is mentioned here regularly.
3. Merge the mods into the source directory.
4. Configure lynx again just as you did before - with one difference.
Don't use -s, but -g instead, for your compilation.
5. Make the lynx and try this:

lynx news:misc.test

6. Then do a ^T to activate the trace operation before selecting the
post to news option.

7. Step thru the filling out of the test msg again.

8. Now, assuming that the bug is still present, you have a Lynx.trace file
containing what Lynx was doing at the time of the crash, AND, you have
a core dump that should be usable.

9. Type
gdb lynx core
and do a where command to get the stack trace.

10. Pass along the last 10 lines or so of the trace and the stack trace
to us to let us know what you see.
;