Re: LYNX-DEV Advice requested on tracing an HTML problem

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Advice requested on tracing an HTML problem
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 11:22:31 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
>> now).  It won't help you, though, because it's using a TYPE=file so
>> Lynx inserts a not implemented yet message and disables the form.
>
>Is this what the patch at
><URL:ftp://archi.snu.ac.kr/pub/yhbae/lynx-yhbae.tar.gz> was supposed to do?
>When I attempt to access it, I don't have any luck getting a connection.

        Yes, but it was a quickie not done in a way suitable for inclusion
in mainline code.  Someone was game to do it right, but we got tied up in
putting out the v2.7.1 bug fix release, and by the time that was done, he
had gone away.  It's still on my own todo list, but doing it right is a
really big job (if you're not going to bring on new security concerns :),
and I want to be sure the chartrans and current security issues are really
squared away in the fotemods code before I'd take on something like that.

                                Fote