Re: pubLynx reinstated LYNX-DEV

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: pubLynx reinstated LYNX-DEV
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 16:09:26 +0900 (JST)

>   A thread has started locally in relation to a community network.   The
> assumption was made that if you limited to G)oto, then you were
> protected.   This makes the assumption that the attacker does not have

Not a good idea to even dream that people won't do their best to abuse a
public service.  You wouldn't believe the dodge ball game I play with
turkeys over here.

> access to a WEB site themselves.   If you put the LYNXDOWNLOAD: into a
> remote WEB page, does the problem not still result?

No.  Fote completely plugged that hole (and others).  As I interpret
FOTEMODS, none of the "LYNXwhatevers" are acted upon when linked to
from an off-site document.  (It would have to be in a file://localhost
URL.)

__Henry
;
;