Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:22:37 +0900 (JST)

> distributed as text CERT bulletins.  Please review the *two* parts below
> before I pass them on to CERT (I've appointed myself go-between :0)

THANKS for taking the initiative!  MUCH appreciated.

> Lynx2-7-1 can be patched to fix the obvious hole.  Two later versions of Lynx
> (Fotemods and autoconfigure-0.30) are already patched.  Current versions of
> Lynx can be found at:
>
> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/
> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/

`Fotemods' is not a version, and while most people reading this advisory
would know what to do, the wording does seem a bit misleading to me, ie,
fotemods is a set of replacement files while the development code is patched.
I'm certainly no wiz at English, but something to the effect: "break out
(unzip -u) fotemods.zip over the standard distribution lynx2-7-1", might
be less ambiguous.  More important is to not treat them together in the same
sentence since their formats are different.

Also `autoconfigure' is not spelled out on the given URL, only `ac-0.30'.
Wasn't there a spark plug by that name?  FWIW

__Henry
;
;