Re: LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem posting to news
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 23:09:38 +0100 (BST)

> The operating system I am using is Linux.  I compiled lynx using the

Which distribution; which version of that distribution; which kernel version?
(Unless you have strange hardware, and given your apparent level of Unix
knowledge, you should be using kernel version 2.0.30.)

> "make" command with the "-s" option.  The compiler was gcc and the

Which version of gcc (software often has restrictions that it mustn't be
compiled with certain versions).

Also, given that malloc has been implicated, the version of libc is also
relevant.

;
;