use conversion of =?ISO-2022-JP?B in news article list; a patch LYNX-DEV

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: use conversion of =?ISO-2022-JP?B in news article list; a patch LYNX-DEV
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:47:22 +0900 (JST)

There was a thread back in March about RFC 2047 decoding.  To quote from
our beloved friend Klaus Weide:

> Looking at HTNews.c, it seems those routines (HTmmdecode, HTrjis) are only
> called for some headers when the article itself is shown, but not for the
> list of articles.

Appended is a patch, which also catches a typo, to call HTmmdecode and
HTrjis to convert the subject and author when making up the list of
articles.  The diff -c is against lynx2-7-1+fotemods[97-07-04].

_Absolutely_ _no_ _guarantees_.

Unfortunately it only works for Japanese, but now with the chartrans
in place perhaps someone with more talent than me would like to extend
the routines to work for other code sets.  (For Japanese it makes Lynx's
news reading tremendously more functional.)

__Henry

*** lynx2-7-1/WWW/Library/Implementation/HTNews.c.orig  Wed Feb 12 13:11:36 1997
--- lynx2-7-1/WWW/Library/Implementation/HTNews.c       Thu Jul 10 20:45:39 1997
***************
*** 30,36 ****

  #ifndef DEFAULT_NEWS_HOST
  #define DEFAULT_NEWS_HOST "news"
! #endif /* DEFAULE_NEWS_HOST */
  #ifndef SERVER_FILE
  #define SERVER_FILE "/usr/local/lib/rn/server"
  #endif /* SERVER_FILE */
--- 30,36 ----

  #ifndef DEFAULT_NEWS_HOST
  #define DEFAULT_NEWS_HOST "news"
! #endif /* DEFAULT_NEWS_HOST */
  #ifndef SERVER_FILE
  #define SERVER_FILE "/usr/local/lib/rn/server"
  #endif /* SERVER_FILE */
***************
*** 1469,1474 ****
--- 1469,1478 ----
                        case 's':
                            if (match(line, "SUBJECT:"))
                                strcpy(subject, line+9);/* Save subject */
+                                   if (HTCJK == JAPANESE) {
+                                       HTmmdecode(subject, subject);
+                                       HTrjis(subject, subject);
+                                   }
                            break;

                        case 'M':
***************
*** 1486,1491 ****
--- 1490,1499 ----
                                char * p;
                                strcpy(author,
                                        author_name(strchr(line,':')+1));
+                                   if (HTCJK == JAPANESE) {
+                                       HTmmdecode(author, author);
+                                       HTrjis(author, author);
                                p = author + strlen(author) - 1;
                                if (*p==LF)
                                    *p = '\0';  /* Chop off newline */
;