Re: LYNX-DEV patch-o-matic problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch-o-matic problem
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 05:58:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I just tried running patch-o-matting to get a diff from
> ac-0.30 to ac-0.33.
> I did what i usually do, which is typing d to "download"
> on the submit button.  I got a message
>       "Alert! ... You goofed!"
> then the download page.  When I selected "Save to Disk" the
> file name was a long url instead of lynx2.7.1ac-0.30__lynx2.7.1ac-0.33.diff.
> Thought I'd mention it.

This kind of message and behavior results when you have the same version
in "Patch from:" and "Patch to:".  The patch-o-matic logfile on sol shows
that you did indeed send such a request, i.e. "you goofed" :)

If you really do a "Save to disk" on the response, you get a file which
contains just the (minimal) error response.

Note that the suggested filename is not "a long url" (it doesn't start
with scheme:), just a weird name based on the actual URL from the form
submission.

[ lynx-dev is currently losing my messages, therefore cc'd ]
   Klaus

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden