Re: LYNX-DEV -crawl + -traversal + -source => -mirror

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV -crawl + -traversal + -source => -mirror
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:18:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Jim Dennis wrote:

>       The -crawl and -traversal switches are neat.  However it
>       would be even neater if we had a -mirror switch that would
>       to a traversal, copying all HMTL docs as source and all
>       binary (.gif, the map files, etc) into a new directory tree.

Since 2 other programs do this exceptionally well (wget and lwp-mirror
from the perl www-lib package), there is no need for Lynx to reinvent this
wheel. For comparison, here are the binary sizes of lynx and wget on my
system:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 spath  wheel  716800 May 19 08:53 lynx
-rwxr-xr-x  1 spath  wheel  101986 May 19 15:28 wget

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Why stop now just when I'm hating it?

;