LYNX-DEV Forced download

From: Giancarlo Cairella
Subject: LYNX-DEV Forced download
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:51:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Thanks to everybody who gave me hints on how to force link to download a
binary file on a misconfigured server.

The only one who seems to work (but I'll know for sure when the 20MB
transfer is over...) is the

lynx -source http://www.server.com/filename.tar.gz > filename.tar.gz

method. The -dump and -raw options do not work (the file is mangled
either way).

All others, including creating a local page with a link to the file and
hitting D to download it or Backspace to highlight the reference and
download it, have failed so far...

Thanks.