Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:47:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> BTW, a while back I sent a patch to redefine the default color settings
> for -color (which are completely unusable as they stand).  Is there a
> chance someone would pick these up?  As I mentioned b4,
> -color is really unusable with the default colors as they are, unless the
I disagree.  I have been using them unchanged for many months, before
starting to change them (making some things "reverse").  I found them
generally pleasing.

> user grabs lynx.cfg and changes them.  Since moost users aren't
> willing or able to do this, it'd be nice if the default colors
> were redefined.

You may be in the minority with your experience or opinion.

Adding some more comments is of course a good thing.  (already in
fotemods.)

> For my post containing the patch (dated May 7) see
>       http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0597/msg00304.html
>
> Also, since RP's color styles stuff is ifdef'd, does that mean the
> devel code is going to continue to support the old COLOR settings
> in lynx.cfg?

I don't think anybody is planning to get rid of them.

   Klaus

;
;