Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference? Greek? Et al!

From: Jay W. Meeuwig
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference? Greek? Et al!
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:28:53 -0300 (ADT)

Colour, Greek etc.

I followed with interest the discussion on using colour..., greek...

Feeling somewhat bereft, *i* must request that we get some meaningful
information about the use of "colourful" language ... To wit:
How can users who want to see a "colourful" language like french, which
has a "rainbow" of accents in it, ACTUALLY see the accents.

I have managed to get my set-up more or less to do the right thing!
BUT...

        The set-up is:
a) PC with WIN'95 and HyperTerminal (both out of the box)
b) Dial up to Lynx 2.7.1 site...

c) Terminal emulation selected is "VT102"
d) Setting in HyperTerminal is "ANSI"

My display now does the day&night thing... I get reverse video, however:
NOW *i* also see all those colourful accents!!! BUT...

and here is the BUT:
a) I can't use Ctrl^ for marking...
   ( prior to a delete of a block in the PINE e-mail system...)

b) Visiting other Lynx sites; via TelNet completely throws of the display
   of their pages...
   Examples: DDS.DDS.NL and FREENET.CALGARY.AB.CA ...
   unless i select "SETTINGS" in HyperTerminal of VT100 again...

U guessed it... *i* have not tried french colour at those sites... ;)

Anyone have any "bright" ideas?

Thanx,
.
;