Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 21:13:49 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:47:04 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:
>
> > BTW, a while back I sent a patch to redefine the default color settings
> > for -color (which are completely unusable as they stand).  Is there a
> > chance someone would pick these up?  As I mentioned b4,
> > -color is really unusable with the default colors as they are, unless the
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I disagree.  I have been using them unchanged for many months, before
> starting to change them (making some things "reverse").  I found them
> generally pleasing.
>
> > user grabs lynx.cfg and changes them.  Since moost users aren't
> > willing or able to do this, it'd be nice if the default colors
> > were redefined.
>
> You may be in the minority with your experience or opinion.

Are you using -color on the command line?
The problem with the default colors is that they are not
displayed right -- for example, normal text is defined as
black on white background, but spaces and blank lines still
come out black.  It looks wrong, and no one disagreed last May,
but we're all entitled to our opinion...:)

> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:49:15 -0400
> From: "John E. Davis" <address@hidden>
> I would like to see the color definitions put in the user
> configuration file so that an individual user could re-define them.

This is reopening the discussion of last May.
I would like to see all display options put in
the options menu.  Fote already put SHOW_CURSOR in
the options page; I think color options belong there also.
Of course, -color is only supported when compiled with slang,
so the options page might also need to be different for different
versions.
Yet another wish list item...
--le

;