Screen management routines (was Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?)

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Screen management routines (was Re: LYNX-DEV What is the difference?)
Date: 11 Jul 1997 20:20:37 -0600

TED> ncurses can be compiled with a fallback (internal) database.
TED> I've added a configure option (for Unix, of course) that makes it
TED> more visible/simpler to use.

Hmmm.  The ncurses port I've been using seems to be compiled without
one.  Maybe I'll re-port ncurses from the patches that came with the
port I have and include my EMX-appropriate terminfo database that I
wrote for Lynx as the internal database.  Sigh...the work expands to
fill available time.

TED> I assumed that the ncurses port to OS/2 was an EMX-based one also
TED> (I've not been able to connect to the site that is supposed to
TED> have it, so don't know more than that).

Yes, it is EMX-based.  When I said EMX curses wouldn't work for
compiling Lynx, I meant that the BSD curses included with EMX wouldn't
do it.  I think a lot of people have had trouble getting the OS/2
ncurses port from its "home" site.  Maybe I'll put it up on my Lynx
page today (http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~jmcbray/lynx/).