LYNX-DEV Character set support 9

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: LYNX-DEV Character set support 9
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 12:49:21 -0400 (EDT)

   Klaus, welcome back to lynx-dev!

   Now that you are back, I can repeat my question about supporting
multiple MIME names for a character set. Here is the relevant posting
repeated:

   I have downloaded the most recent list of MIME character set names
registered with IANA. What I have seen there is that there is a pressing
need for Lynx to support multiple MIME names for a single character set.
The official list defines several names for almost every character set. For
equally valid.
   I think that the *.tbl file format should be changed to allow multiple
MIME names to be defined. Or maybe it already does? (If yes, how?)
   Please comment on my suggestion.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 216-646-1864