LYNX-DEV Semantics of DOSPATH

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: LYNX-DEV Semantics of DOSPATH
Date: 13 Jul 1997 07:59:49 -0600

Hi.  I've been fooling with the development code trying to incorporate
my OS/2 patches, and I have a question regarding the DOSPATH define.
What does it mean?  The README.386-win says that it's for "All
DOS-like systems", but how much DOSishness is implied by this?  My
OS/2 patches for Lynx 2-7-1 treat OS/2 as a weird UNIX (since I'm
using EMX gcc to compile) that has DOS-like pathnames.  I haven't
really looked at much code that's not close to the sources of my
compiler error messages (blush), but it seems that DOSPATH implies
more DOSishness than simply DOS-like pathnames.  Should I try to use
DOSPATH for an OS/2 version of the development code Lynx?  Or should I
add my own fixes for each place a local file is accessed (as I've done
for Lynx 2-7-1)?