Re: LYNX-DEV Improvement on /tmp code fix?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Improvement on /tmp code fix?
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 12:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Jonathan Sergent wrote:

> Fote assures me that:
>  ]    You're going off the deep end again.  Also, it might have
>  ] been a good idea to have looked at it before spending all that time
>  ] writing CERT bulletins in reference to it.
>
> Blah, no, I thought about it this time, I was awake this time.  I'm
> not off the deep end!  I had diffed it but hadn't built the code or
> played with it or read more of it (as you accuse me of not having done),
> so I only had a suspicion that it was incomplete until yesterday.

Look at the functions in HTFWriter.c to see what may actually happen,
for example HTSaveToFile.
Your code would create, just to be sure, three different temp files
*and keep them around* till lynx exits.  But the function which has
called tempname() may use neither of LYnnnnnTMP.html, LYnnnnnTMP.txt,
or LYnnnnnTMP.bin, but (for example) LYnnnnnTMP.gif instead, depending
on what is being downloaded...
so all that trouble you are going to doesn't buy you anything more
(in that case) than is already there.

   Klaus

;
;