Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-dev list status/problems

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-dev list status/problems
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 12:19:48 +0900 (JST)

> From: uid no body <address@hidden>
[...]
> This should help for now.

Cute.  ;) (But slightly anti-social.)  Really, though, most often
it is the people who can't do this who need the protection the most.

> and procmail should be easier to create a recipe for.  Suspect messages
> can then go to a bouncer.

I would not recommend bouncing to anyone right off the bat.  First
timers might want to divert to a spam files of various levels of
certainty.  After things have been running for a while, then to
/dev/null.  Remember bouncing does increase traffic.

> For my processing, I actually run procmail twice, first to filter out
> known spamsites (among other things) into an incoming folder, then I

Just to clarify, it is not necessary to actually "run procmail twice".
In the file .procmailrc one can put any number of INCLUDERC= directives
to files containing filtering (or delivery) rules.  Actually procmail
is not so much a filtering system as a delivery system.  The filtering
comes in when you deliver junk to its proper file: #13.  (.procmailrc
can be global, and individual users can have a .forward file; quite
efficient.)

__Henry
;
;