Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 and Trumpet Winsock... How?

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 and Trumpet Winsock... How?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:06:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Bruce A. Locke wrote:

> I was wondering if someone here could help me.  I am trying to get
> Lynx386 to work with win16 winsock Trumpet version 3.  I have read in
> various places that it can be done, but you need a packet driver.  Where
> is that packet driver?  I have downloaded several and found absolutly no
> mention of winsock in the docs.

Trumpet winsock is not going to help you get on line with lynx386.  If any
docs mention packet drivers and winsock then they are talking about the
reverse of what you want--winsock running over a packet driver.

Just to be sure, you are trying to do this over a modem in plain DOS
right?  No Win95 and no network?  Please keep the discussion on lynx-dev
so others can see the result.

Wayne

;
;