Re: LYNX-DEV Porting Lynx

From: tzeruch
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Porting Lynx
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:02:07 -0400

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Justin Rowe wrote:

> I'm trying to port Lynx 2.7.2 with SSL support to BeOS. I've downloaded
> the Linux source from shadow.cabi.net and I'm assuming that this code has
> hooks for SSL implementation, and that I need SSLeay as well. Can anyone
> confirm this? What version of SSLeay should i use? (v 0.6.6 or v 0.8.0)

You need either the patches from Fote Macrides (email him) for SSL support
internal, or my proxy which is at ftp.replay.com/pub/crypto/SSLapps, as
either lxprox.c, eassl or edssl (in order of increasing functionality).

These use SSLeay 0.6.6, but I have a new version for 0.8.0 available if
you state you are a US (or canadian) citizen in the us and promise not to
export the code, similar to what Fote requires.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---

;
;