Re: LYNX-DEV Can't compile latest lynx on linux

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Can't compile latest lynx on linux
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 22:50:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Mark F. Molinari wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A make of lynx2-7-1ac-0.34.tar.gz will not complete successfully under
> linux 2.0.30 using gcc 2.7.2.  A_NORMAL is undeclared in LYCurses.c.  I
> greped through all the header files, and could not find it.  Please tell
> me what I'm doing wrong, if anything.  I've attached the output of the
> make.

If possible you should use the ./configure script included with this code
set.  However, this is currently not yet documented at all (at least in
INSTALLATION, where you might have looked).  Try ./configure --help,
you may want to specify at least `--with-screen=...' (and possibly
`--with-color-style=ncurses' together with `--with-screen=ncurses' if you
want to try the alpha color-style code.  Other combinations of
`--with-color-style' probably won't work.)

Without running ./configure before running make, the old-style `Makefile's
still included will be used; after running ./configure, `makefile's
generated from `makefile.in's will be used.

If you insist on using the old-style `Makefile's, you may still be
able to compile if you use linux-ncurses as a target, and have ncurses
installed.  Maybe.  Or if you modify the top-level Makefile to take
$(RP_LYDEFS) and $(RP_DEFS) out of the `SITE_LYDEFS =' and `SITE_DEFS ='
lines.  (Probably some other stuff, too.)

    Klaus

;
;