LYNX-DEV Question: Executable link is rejected due to '&' character

From: Gabriela Segarra
Subject: LYNX-DEV Question: Executable link is rejected due to '&' character
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:41:05 -0500

Dear Lynx developers,
We just upgraded to version 2.7.1. and we notice that links of the form:

 (i.e., where you use an ampersand at the end of the command)

don't work anymore. When you select such a link you get the message:

Alert!: Executable link is rejected due to '&' character

We are upgrading from a 2.3 version where the '&' was accepted. I was
wondering if the use of '&' to run the given command in the background
is no longer supported or if I have compiled it wrong or I'm using the
wrong command options. The command options I use when I invoke lynx are:

 -restrictions=shell,suspend,bookmark_exec,exec_frozen,telnet_port

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if there is anything I
can do to fix this, or if you could point me to the right documentation.
Before sending this mail I look on the web and lynx documentetion for
answers to this without any success.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Gaby

--
  Gabriela Segarra, M.S.          :  e-mail:
  Information Technology Support  :  address@hidden

The opinions expressed above are solely my responsibility and in no way
reflect the policies of my employer.
;