Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7-1 compile/run errors under Digital UNIX 4.0B

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7-1 compile/run errors under Digital UNIX 4.0B
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:47:16 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Robert Benites) wrote:
>This morning I downloaded lynx 2-7-1 and applied the fotemods.zip
>(dated 15 July 1997). I was trying to build it under Digital UNIX
>4.0B.
>
>When I try to compile it with the distribution Makefile I get a
>compile error:
>
>cc -O -Olimit 4000 -DUNIX  -DFANCY_CURSES   -I../WWW/Library/Implementation
>-DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE
>-DOK_PERMIT   -I..  -c LYCurses.c
>cc: Error: LYCurses.c, line 425: In this statement, "ttytype" is not declared.
>    if (strncmp((CONST char*)ttytype, "dec-vt", 6) == 0) {
>-----------------------------^

        I used to have a guest account on Bruce Tanner's OSF box for checking
out Lynx mods, before he converted it to an NT box.  That was using a v3.n
OSF and it did have ttytype.  My understanding is that v4.0 has a "termtype"
instead of "ttytype", but don't know if that's a DECism or some new, general
convention.  It's been claimed that if you change that string it'll compile
without -DNO_TTYTYPE, but doubt it matters either way.  That code has been
there since before I got involved with Lynx, and is probably for ultrix.

        The crash is probably due to the HASH_FUNCTION glitch, for which
a patch was posted earlier today.  I've included that patch in today's
fotemods update.

                                Fote